At our meeting on the 2nd February we will be having a talk by a representative of the CityRail guard's union, explaining the union's fears about the removal of guards from the trains. The talk will commence at about 10am before the meeting starts so come a bit earlier than usual. The regular meeting will commence at 10.30 am.
Pre Meeting Activities
All the usual activities will be happening before the meeting including:
- Pay your annual subscription (still only $12) to our Membership co-ordinator Brian.
- Sale of raffle tickets - three tickets for $1 for a chance to win three prizes of $10 each.
- Purchase bus tickets for our trip to the Museum of Sydney and their special exhibition about surfing in the 50s, 60s & 70s. Only three seats left for what should be an interesting and fun day out in good company - only $15.
- Jackie will be taking bookings for the new musical An Officer and a Gentleman coming to Sydney in the middle of the year.
- You can pay an instalment or make a booking for our holiday to Macksville in April, still only $790 all inclusive and NO single supplement. See Shirley.
- The trade table will be set up as usual full of bargains - from books to clothes to knick knacks, tapes, DVDs, plants and much, much more. Well worth a look.
- Don't forget to get your tea or coffee and biscuits from Wally and Duncan.
Copies of the petition about the state government's cancellation of the lifts at Unanderra Railway Station will be available at the back of the hall on the signing-in table. You may recall these were mentioned during the review of incoming correspondence at the last meeting.
Our regular weekly events are now all back in full swing, if you are new to our club then get a copy of the newsletter from the signing-in table for details of days and organiser contact details. A list of the current activities can be found under the 'Activities' tab above. Reports will be given at the meeting by organisers of the walks, Heart Moves (gentle aerobics)and the Bus Trip giving details of future plans.
At our AGM on the 19th January 2012 Jackie stepped down from the position of club secretary after 17 years in the job. Her skills and knowledge are not lost to the club because she remains an active member of the committee as Assistant Secretary.
At the end of the meeting the club's president presented Jackie with a bouquet and a certificate acknowledging the enormous amount of work Jackie had done for the club over the years